Your investment opportunities
Social Data Analysis
Founder & CEO
About the company
Dataminr is one of the world's leading leaders in artificial intelligence. The company's customers are the first to know about important events and emerging risks, so they can mitigate and manage crises more effectively. Hundreds of customers in more than 75 countries rely on Dataminr solutions 24/7 to help them solve real-world problems. Dataminr is one of New York City's leading private technology companies with nearly 800 employees in seven global offices.
The company's private sector product, Dataminr Pulse, is used by corporations to monitor real-time events and assist in crisis response by providing playbooks, messaging tools and post-event documentation. Dataminr's First Alert technology is used by first responders, such as those who help provide relief during natural disasters and other emergencies.
Dataminr employs approximately 800 people and is headquartered in New York City. The company has offices in New York City, Washington, D.C., Bozeman, and Seattle, as well as London, England, Dublin, Ireland, Melbourne, Australia, and Copenhagen, Denmark.
History of the company
- Dataminr, founded in 2009 by Yale University graduates, rose to prominence after warning about the killing of Osama bin Laden 23 minutes ahead of major news organizations.
- In 2014, they created Dataminr for News, a tool in partnership with CNN and Twitter, alerting journalists to events in real time.
- In 2019, they discovered the first signals of the COVID-19 outbreak on social networks and subsequently collaborated with the UN. Dataminr also warned of potential riots on January 6, 2021 at the Capitol.
- In 2021, the company acquired WatchKeeper and Krizo to improve geovisualization and real-time crisis response.
Awards and recognition
Dataminr is recognized by our industry peers for its continued business growth, technological advancements and leadership in artificial intelligence.
- August 9, 2022 - Dataminr is included in the Forbes 2022 Cloud 100 list, a ranking of the largest private cloud companies in the world.
- January 12, 2021 - Dataminr Honored as a 2021 Best Places to Work, Named to the Best Mid-Size Companies to Work for in New York City.
- November 18, 2020 - Dataminr was ranked 176th on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, reporting 674% revenue growth over a three-year period from 2016 to 2019.
- 2020 - Dataminr selected for "Most Innovative Use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning" at the 2020 AI and Machine Learning Awards for its innovative work to combat the spread of COVID-19.
Artificial Intelligence for the Benefit of Society
Responding to emergencies, global health crises, escalating conflicts, climate change and threats to human rights - now more than ever, humanitarian organizations on the front lines of complex and urgent issues need to see events in real time as they unfold .
Dataminr aims to meet these needs through our artificial intelligence platform that provides real-time alerts on emerging events around the world. With Dataminr, nonprofits can know first, act faster, and better serve the world's most vulnerable people.
Dataminr's main competitor is Palantir, an already public company that is currently traded on the NYSE with a market cap of $31 billion and revenue of $1.9 billion, giving it a Valuation/Revenue multiple of 16X. We buy Dataminr shares with a multiplier of 2-3 times more profitable. At the same time, Palantir's revenue growth rate = 23%, and Dataminr = 30-40%. Which makes buying Dataminr shares at the current price a profitable and safe investment opportunity.
Investment attractiveness of Dataminr
- Huge and fast growing market
- Dataminr has already taken a leading position in many areas
- Practical application of all new advances in AI
- Large clients with whom we have been interacting for many years
- Irrationally large discount on shares due to market conditions
- Dataminr has never disclosed the size of its revenue; there is only official information from Deloitte that during the period 2017-20 the company grew at a rate of 35% per year. According to various estimates, for 2023 the revenue will range from $160 to 230 million.
Dataminr planned to go public in 2023, but had to be postponed due to the crisis. We expect an IPO in 2024 with a return for investors of 50-100% per annum.
Features of venture investments
- The average duration of an investor's stay in a project is about five years. This period is unpredictable and cannot be determined by anyone.
- You can invest in a deal at any time as long as it is available on the Marketplace and is not Sold Out.
- An 'exit' from a transaction is possible only after the company's shares are listed on the stock exchange for trading.
- Venture investments are generally high-risk, but also highly profitable if the shares are successfully listed on the stock exchange.
25 clients out of the Fortune 50 list
More than 32 significant investors
Dataminr certificate dated 11.03.2022
Regolith Capital Statutory Trust certificate confirming ownership of Dataminr.com shares